Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Let the Shopping begin


Putting the shopping list together now for the stuff we need to buy pre-build. I have to say that Guy from SP Gurit in Sydney has been absolutely awesome, as has Scott from ATL Composites, and Tim Wilson from Tim Wilson Yacht Design. Geoff at MECHAR gets the major kudos though, as he's put all this stuff together into a design/build program.
Rig wise I will be ordering a C-Tech mast from New Zealand and setting it up as to how I have AUS26 currently set up (GNAV vang and lowers). I will probably be using Irwin sails again, but we are still investigating whether to go with a self tacking jib.
Next post should have the pictures of the delivered Mould - ready for us to assemble, as well as hopefully a positve update from the IC Nationals (where AUS26 goes to her new home).

2 comments:

Niclas said...

Hi Christian,
Good luck on your new build, sounds very interesting! A very tight time schedule, but I'm sure you can make if anyone.
Although I'm keeping a low profile when it comes to the canoes I will be following the development with the new DCs.

Cheers - Niclas (former owner of IC SWE 101 and SWE 78).
http://sailbetter.com

IC AUS said...

Cheers Niclas, and I like your site too. The schedule is tight, but not firm (I have added the word 'tentative') but I think it is achievable with a lot of the parts being delivered pre-fabricated.
The new IC's are simply awesome, and thats saying something when the Nethercotts were great too - you should give one a go (we're in Albury next weekend for the nationals).

Cheers