Thursday, November 27, 2008

Okay,
It's my first ever boat build and I have just learnt a couple of important lessons:
  1. Peanut Butter consistency on Filler means super crunchy and not smooth - I had a few runs to clean up joining the bottom to the sides and spine
  2. It takes more filler than you think to fill the chamfer and join the sides
  3. It is really a 2 person job (for a beginner)
  4. You can check the line up a million times, but once resin has been mixed nothing sits where it is supposed to (I now love my staple gun)
So, after an intense morning I have the two aft panels drying and one aft side as well as the two panels that hug the centrecase. I'll continue this afternoon with the next batch of panels (depending on how the weather is - rain in Adelaide in late November???). I've leant some lessons, and I'm much more confident with putting on the rest of the foam.

No comments: