Saturday, May 23, 2009

AUS31 Prebend


Top Pic has rig tension but no cunningham or vang, bottom pic has rig tension cunningham and vang - the difference in sail shape is amazing (and I'm amazed that in all my years of sailing I've never done these sort of comparisons - I've just played around with the settings someone else has suggested). The GNAV changes the sail shape so much in the 'push' it puts on the mast. I've also switched around the way my rig tension feeds at deck level to get a smoother line from the hounds-spreaders-deck. I'll send these pics to Lindsay and Geoff and see what they think.
Meantime it is zero knots here still so it looks like sailing is a wipeout, will be out next Sunday at ASC (OK dinghies are having a measuring day aswell so should atleast get a speed indication from the beast before the Nationals the following weekend).

No comments: