Saturday, January 16, 2010

3 IC's, 2 hangovers & 20+knots. Yeehaa


If only we had packed up at this point. It blew hard! 25 knots with 30+ gusts sorted us out, I broke the carriage, Kyle (blue Nethercott) is just broken and Pete (yellow flatpack) capsized and pulled out early (which was a smart move).
The gusts with big windshifts simply 'snotted us'. I broke my carriage on a screaming reach in a gust when I had to take evasive action of a capsized fireball (what is it with me and fireballs). I plowed the end of the plank (with me on it) into the water hard and the carriage made a very loud crack noise. Turns out I've opened up a corner, which I'll try to repair before we leave for Yarrawonga on Friday. I don't think there is a weakness here as such, as I've don't think I've ever gone that quick in an IC before and I slammed it into the water hard to avoid the collision.
I need to better sort out my vang still, I'm thinking of just biting the bullet and putting on a radial track system before the Nationals.

No comments: