Monday, December 15, 2008


Boat is faired, filled and faired and filled and faired - I am certain that I could do this four or five more times but i think I am ready to Carbon the hull now (hindsight will be 20/20 on if I am right). So the weather is looking good, the rain has cleared up so the next post should be of a laminated hull waiting to dry while we build some aluminium boat trolleys. I am nervous and excited, I don't think I have rushed anything so i hope it all goes well.  In the picture you can see the boat with the carbon and peel ply hanging up at the back of the shed:
  • I'm using a light glue spray on the carbon to hold the fibres together when I cut
  • I bough a really good pair of scissors (like $40 dollars) and they are worth every cent
SO I need to cut and lay up the rest of the carbon, vacuum (the cleaning kind) the hull again, cut the peel ply and then mix resin - and pray I don't/haven't screwed it up! 

No comments: