Thursday, February 26, 2009

My first vacuum


Okay, after a lot of preparation, I have begun my first vaccum bagging of a part that will go on the boat - a carriage runner. I have currently pulled a 90kpa vacuum and everything is ticking away in the shed (however after the crappy day at work that I had today, I'll be checking on this all through the night to make sure my day's woes don't continue).
On my first vacuuming - tacky tape is your friend! It is like plasticine for grown ups and it can seal some spots you didn't think you missed until you applied a vacuum. I got to the point where i could hear the revs of the pump and didn't need to look at the needle to see where I was at. Anyway, I hope i wake up to a nice dry rail, and not a splinters and carbon artistic impressionist piece - fingers crossed.

No comments: