Sunday, March 22, 2009

Still working

Hi,
Sorry for no pics but we've been flat out in the shed (especially with Nationals just a couple of weeks away).
AUS32 is under the portable carport at the moment while AUS31 has had a couple of light coats of paint (90% undercoat 10 % topcoat) - she's still a bit lumpy but this is pretty much how she'll be if I want to make the Nationals - I'll then rub back and clean her up before Sauna Sail.
Centreboard and rudder are together, we're using a kick up transom slung rudderwhich is quite neat. Carriage is together, and after reading ICU2's post on Sailing Anarchy I have beefed it up with a couple more layers of bidirectional carbon in the corners - and may put in a cross brace depending on how it feels this Saturday when I plan to launch her!
So tonight I will start bolting on fittings and hopefully weigh her, and with any luck I should be putting her in the water at 10am on Saturday at ASC.

No comments: